INFORMATION SUNRIDER COLLECTS
- Personally Identifiable Information
When you submit an online application to become an Independent Business Owner ("IBO") or Authorized Business Owner ("ABO"), Sunrider collects the following personally identifiable information from you:
- E-mail address;
- Billing information, including your address, telephone number, and fax number;
- Sponsor information;
- Social Security Number;
- Date of Birth;
- Marital Status;
- All the above information for the spouse of the IBO, the ABO, the co-applicant, and the spouse of the co-applicant, if applicable;
- Bank and bank account information in order to receive direct deposit for bonus checks or a bank draft for payment; and
- A personally chosen user name and password for utilization with your assigned ID number.
When you submit an online application to become a Retail Customer or Preferred Customer, Sunrider collects the following personally identifiable information from you:
- E-mail address;
- Contact information, including your address, telephone number, and fax number;
- Bank and bank account information in order to use a bank draft for payment; and
- A personally chosen user name and password for utilization with your assigned ID number.
If you would like Sunrider to track and record your usage on its websites, you must OPT-IN to it. This function is automatically disabled, and will only be turned on if you request it. The purpose of this function is strictly customer service oriented and used in order to help you navigate our websites. Any information related to this service will be deleted after 30 calendar days. If you opt-in, Sunrider collects the following personally identifiable information from you:
- All keystrokes you make on our websites;
- Screen recording while using our websites;
- Your web browser name, version, and build platform for the browser used to access our websites;
- Your device hardware IP address, hardware name, and operating system version for the device used to access our websites.
If you have opted into the web tracking services, you can turn these tracking services on and off whenever you like by going to your Account page and changing your preferences.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- Collection of Visitor Information
Sunrider collects the following non-personally identifiable information from you:
Upon entering the Site, the Site places a Session Cookie for your web browser into your computer's Random Access Memory ("RAM"). In order to place an order or utilize the business management functions on the Site, you must log on with your ID number and password. Once you log on, the Session Cookie allows the Site to remember your ID number and rank. No other personally identifiable information is stored in the Session Cookie. The Session Cookie is deleted from your computer's RAM when you exit your web browser. The Site also places a Persistent Cookie for the web browser on your computer. The Persistent Cookie enables the Site to remember the country, language, and date of your visit. If you return to the Site, you will be presented with the country and language that you chose the last time you entered the Site. No personally identifiable information is stored in the Persistent Cookie. From time to time, Sunrider may use third party services to improve the performance of the Site, and these services may place additional non-personally identifiable information in your Persistent Cookie. Sunrider does not track or maintain records of Session or Persistent Cookies. If you set your browser to disable cookies, you will be unable to access and utilize the Site. For more information on Cookies and their uses, please refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.
If you choose, you may browse the Site without entering your ID number or any personally identifiable information and remain completely anonymous during your visit. Sunrider stores the Internet Protocol address, the time and date of entry, and the specific pages viewed by each visitor to the Site. Sunrider also stores the ID number if you log on with your ID number. This information is maintained for security purposes only, and will not be disclosed to third parties.
- Modifications to Policy
Sunrider reserves the right to change this Policy at any time. Sunrider will post any changes to this Policy with their effective dates. If Sunrider makes material changes to this Policy, Sunrider may also communicate them by email or conventional mail. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to update Sunrider with your current contact information, review this Site and this Policy periodically, and to be aware of any modifications. You can update your information on the Change Profile page on the Site. Your continued use of the Site after any modifications will constitute your acknowledgment of the modified Policy and your agreement to be bound by it.
- Sunrider uses your personally identifiable information to:
- Provide customer service and other services;
- Confirm, process, and ship your orders;
- Calculate earnings, bonuses, and qualifications;
- Provide training and information on new products and services;
- Make the Site more useful and valuable for you and your Sunrider organization.
Unless permission is received from you, Sunrider will only provide your personally identifiable information to other companies or individuals as described in this Policy. Sunrider does not share your information with any third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
In order to finalize your order online, you will be required to enter your credit card information. Sunrider uses this credit card information solely to process your order. Sunrider only shares your credit card information with the following third parties that are necessary to process your order: the financial institution that issued your credit card.
For the sole purpose of allowing support and the management of your downline, Sunrider provides, in the strictest confidence, the Personal Volume (and US dollar volume), Downline Volume (and US dollar volume), bonus recap, ID Number, sponsor's name, and name and contact information of your downline in PV/DV and $ Management Reports ("Reports"). The Reports, including all data contained therein, constitute confidential, proprietary trade secrets of Sunrider. IBOs, ABOs, and Retail/Preferred Customers may not collect, distribute, or gather personally identifiable or confidential information about other IBOs, ABOs, or Retail/Preferred Customers, except: (1) in connection with their downlines and solely for the purpose of promoting their Sunrider Independent Business; and (2) to manage and train their downlines. If the IBO or ABO is located outside the United States, their home country may not offer the same or a similar level of privacy protection as in the U.S. However, Sunrider will take reasonable measures to ensure that the information in the Reports is kept in confidence.
Sunrider may disclose your personally identifiable information when necessary to:
- Comply with a court order, subpoena, or warrant;
- Comply with the request of a government agency or regulatory body
- Collect monies owed to Sunrider;
- Investigate activities that Sunrider believes in good faith are unlawful;
- Protect the rights, property, and safety of third parties and Sunrider.
Sunrider may also disclose your personally identifiable information when permitted by you.
- Updating or Verifying Your Personally Identifiable Information
- If you request deletion of your personally identifiable information, Sunrider may have to keep your information on file for a certain period of time for business and legal reasons. Further, it may be impossible for Sunrider to completely delete your personally identifiable information without retaining some residual data.
If your personally identifiable information is inaccurate, or if you need to update or verify your personally identifiable information, please use the Change Profile page on the Site or contact Sunrider at the contact information set forth below. Please include your name, address, ID Number, and/or email address when you contact Sunrider. You may update your information on the Change Profile page or change your password on the Site.
- Credit Card Security
- Security of Information
- ID Number, User Name, and Password
- Stolen or Lost Information
When you place an online order, your personal and credit card information is scrambled using SSL Encryption technology before being sent over the Internet. This SSL Encryption technology and Sunrider's state-of-the-art firewall system make it extremely difficult for your information to be stolen or intercepted while being transferred through cyberspace to Sunrider's internal network. Sunrider uses your credit card number only for payment processing and will not retain this number for marketing purposes. Sunrider has purchased its SSL Encryption software from VeriSign, the world leader in SSL Encryption technology.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, and while Sunrider makes every effort to protect your personal information, Sunrider cannot guarantee its complete security. Sunrider makes no assurances about our ability to prevent any loss, misuse, or alteration of the information that Sunrider obtains from you, and Sunrider will have no liability to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration. Because security is as important to Sunrider as it is to you, Sunrider will continue to search for and implement advanced security measures in order to protect the security of your personal information.
Your ID number, user name, and password are specific to you and must be safeguarded by you. You accept sole responsibility for all use of the Site conducted with your ID number, user name, and password. Sunrider strongly advises that you change your password frequently.
You must promptly notify Sunrider if you suspect that your credit card number, ID number, user name, and/or password has been lost, stolen, or used without your permission. After receiving your notification, Sunrider will remove that credit card number, ID number, user name, and/or password from your account and update its records accordingly.
The Site is a general audience site that is not specifically designed or targeted at children. You must be at least 18 years old to use this Site. Sunrider does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personally identifiable information about visitors under 18 years of age.
The original text of this Policy is in English and any interpretation of it will be based on the original English text. In the event of a conflict between different translations of this Policy or any documents or notices related thereto, the original English version will prevail.